Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Happy Birthday Preslie!!! and mommy July 31, 2012





* Last picture of my belly before going into hospital to meet my little girl


I really wanted you to have your own birthday Preslie Sienna it just wasn't possible.  I will say that it's the best gift I have ever received.  The day was nerve-racking to say the least.  I knew how bad it was for me to deliver Londyn so I was super nervous.  They say the second time around is easier I didn't think so.

They told me to call the hospital at 6 am.  So naturally I woke up at 5 and took a shower etc.  I called the hospital and they said ok come in at 8 am.  Another 2 hours??  After we got there I had to fill paperwork so it was 9 am by the time they started with the Potosin.  My contractions weren't that bad.  For some reason I thought that I had to wait for 4 cm to have epidural but I was wrong.  I said i would wait a little longer then they increased pitosin and my contractions were really bad,  in comes the anestsologist.   For some reason when I had epidural the first time I didn't feel a thing.  This time I still felt my contractions a little.  Then the worst pain ever.  I thought my butt was going to explode, sorry.  According to the nurse the baby was sitting on my anus.  I don't know why I always hold my comments to myself but my sister said I think it's time to tell them you feel like crap.  My favorite doctor left and they were going to send over the mid wife Shawn when I was ready.  I was still in a lot of pain so my nurse checked me and yup I was 10 cm.  I started to cry maybe out loud maybe to myself.  I was in so much pain and I was pushing and pushing and felt like nothing was happening.  I thought it myself maybe I just can't deliver babies fast I'm going to be here for another 2 hours.  Then I pushed her head out.  Talk about being traumatized they told me to look at her head.  OK that's the last thing I want to be doing bending over and seeing her head out, get HER out i screamed.  Little pushes they told me so I didn't tear too much.  Well at the point I just wanted this to be over.  Finally she came out and first thing I wanted to know was if she had red hair.  Nope just like Londyn said brown hair.  We are still trying to figure out who she looks like.  My dad says his uncle Vincent definitely from the Italian side.  My doctor said Josh's mouth my eyes, they are shaped like almonds.  For now she is so tiny it's hard to tell.

Name: Preslie Sienna Rhodes
BD: July 31, 2012
Time: 4:13 PM
Labor: 7 hours 13 mins
Height: 19.2"
Weight: 6 pounds 15 oz
Hair: Brown
Eyes: blue (for now)





First family photo - now we are complete (sorry Preslie you are there somewhere)


Her sister Londyn was so happy to see her.  She is taking to her really well, not jealous yet but we still have the rest of our lives.  She wants to hold her and open her eyes.  She keeps calling her HIM or HE.  I am so fortunate to have this beautiful family.   They say to wake her every 2-3 hours to feed her but all she does is sleep.  At night I never wake her up because the last doctor appointment she gained weight so I think she is OK.  What a blessing!!! I can't wait to watch both of them grow up together.

* Welcome Preslie Sienna Rhodes *


Start the pain of just the needle in my arm

The needle aftermath

Must be post epidural



For the LOVE of God she has arrived







Daddy holds Preslie for first time

Aunt Gabriella holds Preslie for first time


Sissy meets Preslie for first time



Not a red head












Uncle Steve, Lyla & Preslie

Cousins!!!



Mommy & Preslie go home

Lyla said this is the best day of her life (she said the same thing when Londyn was born)




No comments:

Post a Comment